Re: Dismantle IAS, IPS, etc..

On Tue, 19 Dec 2000, Krishnan Kandasamy wrote:
 Towards this end, I suggest the following.
 1) Destroy the breeding ground for this monster, ie the IAS, IPS etc..
    By destroying this institutionalized bureaucracy, we can split this
    monster to million different pieces to deal with them much
    effectively.

Throwing the baby with the bathwater! Wouldn't putting REAL GOOD men (not
chicken) in the UPSC selection panels be a better thing to accomplish ?

 2) Create citizen "no bribe zones", where citizens proclaim that no
    bribe will be given for any service whether for a telephone walla or
    a machar.

If wishes were horses... We have economics to tell us why this is asking
for the impossible.

 Comments ?. or IPI members will respond only if I talk about their favorite
 Ayodhya?

A good party will make favourites with everything under the sun. Shouldn't
we be guided by that?

rao