Re: definition of secularism

Mr Prakash:

According to your own definition, India is NOT a secular state, since
the government DOES treat different people of different communities
differently. (Please see the Shah Bano case, circa 1986).This is because no
uniform civil code (UCC) exists in India - a cornerstone of secularism.
Ironically, it is the BJP (the party which the Guptaras and Kandaswamys of
the world like to bash) that is clearly on record being for an UCC. The
so-called secularists on the other hand, only
pay lip service.

Regards,
Indranil Das Gupta