RE: apology needed from Mr Vajpayee for betraying his Oath of Office

Why is there such a convoluted debate about the Ayodhya issue on IPI?

It seems reasonably clear what Ayodhya was about: Hindu fundamentalism,
needing to take its view of history to a tangible and visible level,
destroyed
the mosque. To them, this was an act of 'correcting history'.

The question then is about the feasibility of a principle of 'correcting
history'.

Secondly, in a diverse society, majority sentiment cannot be given absolute
rights. This seems fairly straightforward as well: a numerical majority
should
not find the answer to an intellectual/philosophical question, especially
when
the issue is about majorities and minorities.

Finally, i don't quite see why secularism is equated with the negation of
spirituality. As far as i know, spirituality has always meant acceptance of a
plurality of faiths - the same as pluralism.

KR