Re:

Dear Rakesh Raju,

You wrote:

>But that doesn't alter the fact that a barbaric criminal act was
> >committed. Many people were involved as actors,directors,sponsors and
> >thousands died.

When a murderer is punished for a heinous crime, is it a 'barbaric criminal
act?'  By any civilized standard this would be regarded as justice, pure and
simple. This is a fundamental and necessary rule of life, without which we
will have widespread anarchy.  Surely, you are not advocating that, are you?

>Cause --  Deep resentment over perceived flaw in bill of rights.
>Symptom - Mosque deconstructed. Two thousand citizens too.
>PM:    "It was the will of the majority"

Cause - Deep *and growing* resentment over perceived flaw in bill of rights
which sees the continual and pervasive appeasement of minorities.
Symptom:  So long as this fundamental cause is not addressed, it will
manifest itself in ugly incidents such as the Babri.  FYI, there is a demand
for 3 more major temple sites in North India put forward to Muslim
leadership by the VHP.  In the South, there is at least one major site which
is on the table.  Unfortunately, muslims have been dragging their feet on
this issue for years now.  Needless to say, these have the potential to
explode into another Babri.

This demand is dwarfed by the complete universe of 80,000 sites all across
India.  3,000 of these sites have been thoroughly and conclusively
documented based on islamic documents of the period.

>This is no way to reassure the citizens of Indian that they will be
> >treated uniformly and with civility.

If a criminal and a law abiding citizen are both treated 'uniformly', it is,
in fact, a slap in the face of the law abiding citizen.

Sanjay Garg