Re:

Dear Sam Garg,

I don't know how I managed to convey that a majority has to swallow the fact
that it has no rights whatsover, but I don't want to get into a semantics
debate or discuss the merits of the statistical methods you employed; I am
not qualified.

But I would like to respond to your conclusion:

> You confuse symptoms with cause.  The re-establishment of a destroyed
temple
> is merely the symptom of a deep resentment at a flawed bill of rights.

No confusion here. I have seen examples of crude mosques that were obviously
once temples, as in Varansi where it is right next to the golden temple and
you can still see parts of the original structure. I felt and still feel the
resentment quite strongly. I can relate to how people got amped and went
nuts. As thermodymanics it makes total sense: a "correction", as Naipaul
refers to it.

But that doesn't alter the fact that a barbaric criminal act was committed.
Many people were involved as actors,directors,sponsors and thousands died.

         Cause --  Deep resentment over perceived flaw in bill of rights.
         Symptom - Mosque deconstructed. Two thousand citizens too.
            PM:    "It was the will of the majority"

This is no way to reassure the citizens of Indian that they will be treated
uniformly and with civility.

-Rakesh Raju