Re: apology needed from Mr Vajpayee for betraying his Oath of Office

Mr. Krishnan,

>It is the height of audacity for you to claim that NRIs somehow do not
>represent the 'grass roots' of India.  All NRIs have parents, sisters,

Fine!, Do you still want your relatives to live in a sharply divided
society, filled with religious fanatics while your relatives become hapless
victims of economic, and social problems?. May be you think that buliding
that temple will solve Indian people's situation.

"You claim that 'the people' want cleanliness, sanitation etc.  Are these
the same people who indiscriminately throw household garbage out on the
streets? are these the same people who think it their god given right to
relieve themselves in public?"

FYI Mr.Sam several millions in India don't have a toilet in the house, where
else will they go?. It not a god given right, but a natural necessity, Build
them clean toilets, bulid a school that educates common people about
sanitation. Don't assume that Indian people want to live in dirty
conditions.

I also sure you can find it in your heart to believe that given the right
conditions and proper education, people in India can and will maintain a
clean society.

Attack the problem not the symptom, Poverty is the disease,attack it.

>The essence of Hinduism is that it means different things to every Hindu.
>Please do not attempt to impose your definition of Hinduism on me and other
>NRIs.

I wouldn't  even try too. But there has been no such thing as militant
hinduism, sad that these organistions are stamping that honor.

>If the majority in ANY country decides to do anything, who will stop it?
>by what universal standard will you judge whether this something is 'right'
>or not?  You give the example of slavery - it has been considered 'right'
>in many societies thru history and is still practiced in various parts of
>the world even today.

Sam: What an great argument, Holocast of Jews, Slavery is all right accoding
to you.  There is no universal standard for right or wrong, but slavery of
Humans is/was always wrong. Killing people for belonging to a particular
religion is/was always wrong.

Hope you don't teach your views to your childern.

> >The problems in India can't be solved by buliding a temple or by
> >replacing every mosque with a temple, nor by treating people of other
> >religion with suspecion and hatred.
>Why is it that Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, atheists and myriad other
>faith groups have been able to live and flourish in India for millenia?
>Because these are not virulently exclusivistic idealogies which cannibalize
>its own host to ensure its survival.

Hinduism can't be destroyed by Islam or by Cristianity if that is what you
meant, The organistion that you support are preaching exclusivisity and that
is wrong. We CAN act civilised and take civilised steps to deal with
religious problems. Resorting to short cut meathods like BJP/RSS/ and other
will only lead to greater division of India, and I am sure you don't want
that.

Yes there are problem of intolerance in religions like Islam and
Christianity, but how do you solve it by you also being intolerant? we need
social education , greater understanding, to deal with such problems.