Re: Human Rights Watch Supports Taliban

I think we are misplaced in our comments about HRW. We should not expect an
international HR NGO to act like one supported by Govt. of India. HR Watch
is not a self-proclaimed HR group, it is also another NGO like the ones we
support in IPI. I am not a member of HRW nor an Advocate of Taliban. I think
in Afghan matters very few groups and countries are clean. Their interests
and support for different militia (Taliban is essentially that) has changed
with time, so also commitment to gender justice, drugs traficking, arms
supply and above all JEHAD.

I feel HR Watch Reports are quite balanced in their reporting particularly
about Kashmir and Taliban. India's tacit support for the Northern Alliance
does not mean support of HR abuse by the Alliance nor denial of medicines
and other critical HR aid to people in the areas ruled by Taliban.

We should separate our perception from issues and actors.