Re: apology needed from Mr Vajpayee for betraying his Oath of Office

Mr. Krishnan,

I too have a 'sincere request' of you:

It is the height of audacity for you to claim that NRIs somehow do not
represent the 'grass roots' of India.  All NRIs have parents, sisters,
wives, children, friends, property and other loved ones who live in India.
To say that NRIs have abandoned the country is mischievous and unacceptable.
  Moreover, it is fundamentally flawed.  Consider the unique situation where
the gypsies who migrated out of India 1000 years ago are now requesting PIO
cards!  These 'NRIs' have more love for India than some current residents.

You claim that 'the people' want cleanliness, sanitation etc.  Are these the
same people who indiscriminately throw household garbage out on the streets?
  are these the same people who think it their god given right to relieve
themselves in public?

The essence of Hinduism is that it means different things to every Hindu.
Please do not attempt to impose your definition of Hinduism on me and other
NRIs.

If the majority in ANY country decides to do anything, who will stop it?  by
what universal standard will you judge whether this something is 'right' or
not?  You give the example of slavery - it has been considered 'right' in
many societies thru history and is still practiced in various parts of the
world even today.

>The problems in India can't be solved by buliding a temple or by >replacing
>every mosque with a temple, nor by treating people of other >religion with
>suspecion and hatred.

Why is it that Jews, Sikhs, Buddhists, Jains, atheists and myriad other
faith groups have been able to live and flourish in India for millenia?
Because these are not virulently exclusivistic idealogies which cannibalize
its own host to ensure its survival.

>Shame on people who support organisations that have killed innocents.

People that keep quiet in the face of atrocities are just as guilty as those
who commit them.

Regards,

Sanjay garg