Re:

Dear Rakesh Raju,

Just as respectfully, I, too, take issue with your seeming logic:

>Mr Vajpayee's statements reflected the will of the BJP and its
> >supporters.

Even if what you say is correct, it is well within accepted limits for a
party leader to reflect the will of his constituents.

>He deserves to be exiled to Saudi Arabia for succumbing to electoral
>politics.

An absurd comment. By your standard, every political leader from every
country will soon be calling Saudi home.  At this rate, Saudi nationals
would soon be outnumbered by exiled politicians from every democracy.

>As a long time NRI I see overwhelming nausea...from fellow NRIs.

Your nauseous state is self-evident. Pray provide some evidence of other
nauseated NRIs, as I provided to support my statement.  Easy to make tall
claims....

>Your example illustrates that BJP supporters are more vocal.
>Its possible...I'll buy it.

Strange as it may seem to you, BJP supporters do not need your 'buy in'.
You seem to have missed the simple math in my little statistic - there was
more than 20 times the normal response rate for this particular issue -
almost all of them pro Vajpayee. To sweep this under the rug would be
foolhardy and irrational.

>FIRST;  since when did the the bjp become a majority?
>SECOND; && Even if it were a majority, representative democracy
>works within a bill of rights. If a majority says, "liquidate the >jews" ,
>it does not become right.

FIRST:  Please re-read my intial post carefully - I wrote 'bjp represents
the will of the majority' on this issue.
SECOND: Really?  by what universal standard?  if the majority in ANY country
decides to do ANYTHING, who will stop it?

>Again; bjp and its spporters are a minority.  A vocal and demolition >savvy
>minority, but still; a minority.

Why make this redundant statement? you yourself claim in your previous point
that even if the bjp had a majority this 'would not be right' i.e you want
to eat your cake and have it too.  What you are really asking me to swallow
is that the majority has no rights whatsoever in their own country,
regardless whether they have a majority or minority government.

>How is razing of a 16th century religious structure in the 21st,
>deinstitutionalizing differences ?

You confuse symptoms with cause.  The re-establishment of a destroyed temple
is merely the symptom of a deep resentment at a flawed bill of rights.

Sanjay Garg