For the Academy

Thanks Yaduvendra,

Mr. Sharad Joshi, now the Chairman of the Agril Task Force, with full
Cabinet rank, is the top-most political personality in the field of market
reforms whom you may consider inviting to the Academy. Then there are Bibek
Debroy (Director, Rajiv Gandhi Inst. of Contemporary studies), Madhu
Kishwar of Manushi, and Barun Mitra of Liberty Institute. Do not forget
Prof. Subroto Roy of IIT KGP. These are the younger ones (all below 50).
Apart from that there are Mr. Gurucharan Das, writer and Mr. S.V. Raju of
Swatantra Party, Bombay. Except for Mr. Joshi, all of these (and many
others, including those associated with CCS such as Dr. Shah and Sauvik)
are on IPI itself. These members are themselves requested to suggest more
names.

SS

At 09:42 PM 12/13/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear Dr Sanjeev
>
>You may recollect that we had at the Academy,  got the Centre for Civil
>Society
>take a couple of sessions on  the free markets etc. and they were real
>memorable ,
>from what feedback I got, as Course Coordinator, managing the IAS
Professional