Language issue

Myth 1 : "English is an International language".
Myth 2 : "English is widely spoken language in Europe".

I call the above statements myth only beacause of my own personal
experiences....

Couple of months ago I was touring Western Europe, I went to six different
countries, and except for Netherlands and Belgium, It was really not easy to
communicate with the local population, especially in France and Italy....

In one instance a person who must have been an executive who was using a
laptop, could not help me (he sincerly wanted to help me).

No... I don't have anything against English, or English education, the
problem I have is when people use above mentioned statements to defend
English education.

Regards

Manish
_________