Re: Language issue

I am not going to be theoritical to say that let the childern/parents
decided on what language to study. It is clear that poor families will send
their childern to public schools(invariably, language of instruction will be
local language), and rich families will send their childern to English
medium schools.

Does that help that poor child, who in the first place having been born poor
to better equip himself/herself for the future?.

No!, further I think that Language is more that just art, language is a way
of communication and knowledge.

Do we have the resources to develop science in 24 odd languages and growing
every day?. It is a sheer waste and almost impossible. If Japan has
developed not using English as a medium of instruction because, they have
only one language: Japanese. How about us?.

Europeans are realising that they have to learn English to survive. Let us
not blunt our childerns future by insisting on local language.

Until the economy is developed to such an extent that, a candiate is not
disqualified for not knowing English, science develops in local languages, I
find no reason to insist on Local language for medium of instruction.

_________