RE: Language issue

	>If you have a choice of Vernacular medium school (mother tongue)
	>or English medium school which will you choose for your children?

Good question.I would still send my children to the same school where I
studied in Telugu medium till 10th standard if I were to live in that place.
It was a Christian missionary school,With all facilities which were missing
in most modern science COLLEGES !, the science experiments learnt there not
repeated even in so called engineering colleges ! With teachers seen having
lot of 'commitment'  towards their job. Some of legendary teachers of the
district !
When it comes to english, there was a 'Brother'(Teacher) who encouraged
group discussions in 'english' and guided us for fluency .
If I don't find any such school around which is of that kind, I will send
ofcourse to normal english medium school, regretting same .
I know there are no such schools to count many on as a matter of fact.
Reason we have all around convent schools is the 'Obsession' every body has
with English. Their misplaced notion that one who speaks english has higher
knowledge or higher marketability. No where Medium of instruction was a
hindrance for us or we felt that drawback when we came face to face with
candidates from Public Schools ! Not all public school students pass common
entrans tests in first attempt. Calibre, Knowledge need not be linked to a
'Medium' of instruction called English. English shall just be a tool to get
in touch with the world. Hindi is another tool for south Indians, who are
willing, to get in touch with rest of India.

High standrads of school come from Funds, High standard teachers, Committed
teachers, proper payments of their Salaries,availability of infrastucture
like rooms, benches, blackboards, availability of books in market etc..

Parameswar