Re: iiea

Dear fellow economists on IIEA, and friends on IPI,

IIEA has been renewed for one more year by Sumit Agarwal!

Note on Sumit:

> I graduated with a PhD degree in Economics from the
> University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and before that I
> had done a B.S in Computer Science from the same
> University.
> I am well conversent in a few of the programming
> languages and HTML/Java. I am currently working for
> FleetBoston Financial in Providence, RI, USA.
>
> Sumit Agarwal.

This is an occasion of great personal happiness to me. IIEA, which was
started by me in 1999, coterminous with IPI, was an endangered
organization. It will now live.

Pl. provide all assistance to Sumit to make this association work. Let this
effort bloom. Let us have an international association of economists from
India/ of Indian origin.

Thanks to Sumit and all those who have helped.

Dr. Sanjeev Sabhlok, IAS
Commissioner and Secretary to the Government of Meghalaya,
Departments of Housing, Arts and Culture, IPR, Sports,  Youth Affairs, IT
Additional Sectt. Building, #510
Shillong - 793 001
Ph:    (O) 0364-224046
       (R) 0364-222754