Re: Two questions to IPI members

I tend to agree with this statement. Legislators need not be paid much
for their work. Legislators should probably be people who having
acheived much in life, want to give a stint of public service.

But, I think the executive must be paid well. The executive is more
like a job and less like service. A well paid civil service should be
accountable to the public directly or to the people's representative.
But nevertheless, I think government size must be shrunk to a very
great extent and made a lot more accountable.

"Ashish Kaul" <ashkaul@usa.net> wrote on Sunday August 27, 2000 at
8:44am:

debate@indiapolicy.org
http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/