Re: monopoly of US on Internet Domains

excuse me, isn's there something called the benefits/advantages of
first-mover. Sometimes, we forget the histories of things and make
assertions such as this. In anycase every country has its exclusive
super
domain (.in, .ch, .pk, ...) under which we can do/have what we want.
Also,
the US is reported to be actively encouraging its institutions to get
under the .us domain.  And, btw, .edu is not reserved only for US
colleges
(tiss.edu and ignou.edu are domestic examples). There seems to be little

reason in being bothered with such mundanes, I think. The
Darpanet/internet was never planned for the world; one ought to be
grateful to the americans that they threw open a valuable network for
global use.

rao