Re: [Re: Cultural artifacts]

Srinath S wrote:

> Government intervention is only part of the issue here. There are far too
many
> oppressive and intervening institutions based on communities, religions,
> caste, etc. And many of them are quite capitalistic and liberal as well.

You are once again deviating but I will try to salvage this discussion.  I
do not
recall ever speaking against local institutions that are adequately checked
and
balanced by its members.  I have nothing against institutions that wield
little or
no power and have a local focus.  If you note, local organizations, such as
LTTE,
that are not checked adequately violate libertarian principles everyday!!  And
hence, cannot be trusted!

When I speak of the Government, I am, of course, talking about the Central
Government and in some cases the State Government.

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.