more: Not quite, Mr. Prakash!

come on Naveen, should we not have adopted the railways, so that the 100,000
bullock cart owners would lose their livelihood?  Should we not have
accepted water pumps because the people who transported water on handcarts
would lose their livelihood?  No cars because the horse-chariot guys would
lose their livelihood?  No more packaged pasteurised milk, so that the local
doodhwalas dont lose their livelihood?  Where exactly does this stop?  No
electricity because all these electric machines made a few million jobs
obsolete??
AP

--- Naveenkj@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 8/23/00 12:58:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> Cprakash@goplay.com writes:
>
> << Have I denied the existense of a society ? I only said I like to eat
>  Cheese Uttapam and I want my society to be free enough for me to do
>  that !! (without moralists coming and knocking on my door)>>
>
> You should be able to eat cheese uttapam if you choose.  However, if your
> interests of eating cheese should come at the expense of local onion
> uttapam
> sellers losing their markets and livelihoods then it should not be a
> decision
> left upto you but to be discussed and voted on by the entire populous.
> (Just
> like how you might want to drink pepsi cola but if that would result in
> the
> elimation of 200000 local drink sellers... that question needs to be
> addressed.) Society at large is far more important than one individual.
>
> Peace,
>
> Naveen

=====
Ah, Love ! could thou and I with Fate conspire, To grasp this sorry scheme
of Things entire, Would not we shatter it to bits ---- and then, Re-mould
it nearer to the Heart's Desire !

Jab purdah nahi koi khudah seh, to bandhon se purdah kya.

Abhijeet A. Pradhan, 44J, Reading Rd, Edison, NJ 08817
Tel #: 732-452-1157      email: perdi420@yahoo.com
http://www.geocities.com/perdi420/       http://www.thethinkingindian.com