Re: Not quite, Mr. Prakash!

In a message dated 8/23/00 12:58:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Cprakash@goplay.com writes:

<< Have I denied the existense of a society ? I only said I like to eat
 Cheese Uttapam and I want my society to be free enough for me to do
 that !! (without moralists coming and knocking on my door)>>

You should be able to eat cheese uttapam if you choose.  However, if your
interests of eating cheese should come at the expense of local onion uttapam
sellers losing their markets and livelihoods then it should not be a decision
left upto you but to be discussed and voted on by the entire populous.  (Just
like how you might want to drink pepsi cola but if that would result in the
elimation of 200000 local drink sellers... that question needs to be
addressed.) Society at large is far more important than one individual.

Peace,

Naveen