the collective ?

There is no collective mind. there is no collective body. There is no
collective wish or desire because only an individual has desires,
wishes. when 9 out of 10 individuals have a similar opinion, we say -
society has an opinion. I personally don't think society can have an
opinion. A society is little more than the individuals who compose
it.and when it becomes something more than that, its time to repair
it to restore our individual rights again.

the ecosystem argument - good one, but tell me any case where
the "ecosystem" is hurt ? what happens is that individual plants and
animals die - in large numbers perhaps, but nevertheless, the deaths
are individual.

ciao
prakash
Naveenkj@aol.com wrote on Tuesday August 22, 2000 at 10:14pm:
>Please help make the Manifesto better, or accept it, and propagate
it!
>In a message dated 8/22/00 9:46:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Cprakash@goplay.com writes:
>
><< the individual is, I think more important becuase every single
> individual is a real, tangible entity. society is an abstraction.>>
>
>Society is a collection of individuals, which exists for the welfare
of
>individuals.  That would make society just as real as the
individual, for it

debate@indiapolicy.org
http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/
----