Re: Will India win a medal this Olympics ?

Hi,
I fully agree with Naveen's view that there are a lot of other areas that
require urgent attention than olympics like education and infrastructure. I
also agree that olympics is basically a white mans game(if you feel the
games belongs to the person/race who invented it in its present day form)
Yes , the real problem lies in our thinking .Why cant we take all humans as
equal rather than divide them into narrow compartments like white man, grey
man and black man .
Quoting
" Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic
walls
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake"
When will we be what Tagore envisaged.

And I would like to know why we cant succeed in all areas rather than win in
so as to speak a world designed for us.An example , India wins kabaddi gold
in Asian games just because nobody else knows the game. We will continue to
win it till others learn it. But we draw a blank in all other games .Is that
the way to be?
I would India to be a superpower in all fields including the so called
'heights of sports, entertainment,work, designed and constructed by the
white man' rather than shrink our responsibilities.
regards,
Arun.

Naveenkj@aol.com wrote:

" Maybe because the games in olympics are not native to India.  and there
are tons of other reasons, like avg. calorie intake, the kind of diet, the
cultural trend than frowns on their children motivated towards sports.  But
whatever the reasons are .... why do you care if India wins in olympics?
WHy is it so imporant for us to achieve the heights of sports,
entertainment,
work, designed and constructed by the white man?  Maybe the real problem is
in our thinking... in our strives for a success in a world not designed for
us to be successful! "