Re: Alagh committee

I have the following suggestions for the Civil servises Examinations:

1. No Age Bar. And there should be more than one entry level depending on
the person's qualifications and experience. Difficult to imagine a 35 year
old  MBA with 10 years admin experience to be at the same level as a 25
year old fresh graduate.
2. Our administrators require good analytical  skills. Currently i do not
see such a test in our civil services exam structure.

Sincerely, Siva.
>>> "Sabyasachi Dey" <DSabyasachi@novell.com> 08/02 8:48  >>>

Sanjeev's observation make sense. In addition I feel age bar should be
abolished. If the goal is to provide good public service allow everybody
at every stage to enter trhe service provided they are THE BEST to do
so. And their should be a minimum age and other requirements bar, like
Sanjeev pointed out -
   1.  min. 3 yrs. experience in administrative posts,
   2.  proven track record of integrity and all other humanitirian
qualities
   3.  min. age of 25 yrs.
etc.

regards.

>>> sanjeev@sabhlokcity.com 07/31/00 09:32PM >>>
At 09:24 PM 7/29/00 -0700, prasad wrote:

>Dear members,
>        In one of his books, druckers argues that business management
and
>public administration are the same. I believe that many of agree
>with that. Also, the best business schools all over the world place a
>special emphasis on the professional profile of candidates for
admission,
>like prior managerial positions, initiatives in a product development
and so
>on. How do you think a similar yard stick could be applied effectively
in
>the recruitment of our administrators ?
>
>thanks,
>Prasad.

I'd go the whole hog with this suggestion. Min. 3 years in a major
private
sector company in a managerial capacity before applying for the IAS.

I agree to Prof. Asher's suggestions too. If somebody can compile
these
things, we can write to Prof Alagh. SS

This is the National Debate on System Reform.
debate@indiapolicy.org
Rules, Procedures, Archives:
http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/

CONFIDENTIAL NOTE: The information contained in this email is intended only
for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain
information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message
in error, please immediately notify the sender and delete the mail. Thank you.