RE: Re: Atleast a few NRI's should return.

Dear Mr Rao
Theoretically well argued, but practically pointless:
Indians in India might be the decision-makers in theory but in practice they
find themselves paralysed by "the system".
Indians outside India might not be decision-makers at all in theory, but they
do have economic and influence power (witness the untold millions of foreign
money which has gone into making the BJP and the VHP the powerhouses that
they
are today).  Equally, witness the way overseas Chinese money initially (and
a large extent still) finances the extraordinary and almost incomprehensible
growth of the Red Chinese economy.  Or the way in which expat Iranians funded
and worked for the elimination of the Shah's regime and the ushering in of
the
present Iranian regime....

A real Indian is anyone who has India's interests at heart, wherever s/he may
live: there are, unfortunately, a number of Indian residents, who are
blackguards, thieves and worse.  Whether their number is smaller or larger
than
their number in other countries matters not a whit in relation to
discussion of
who an Indian is and whether NRIs should return ...and indeed whether some
Indian residents should be kicked out :)

Indians have in fact returned to India since the 1960s.  Not everyone has
been
able to cope with the continued degeneration of most conditions in India.
Though some have made it, thank God and thanks to them.  The issue is that
the
gap betwen conditions in India and conditions abroad grows wider and wider,
but
it was probably much more difficult to make the transition in the 1960s and
1970s than to make the transition since then (in my experience; though I
can't
speak for conditions at the moment and things might be changing for the
better
or for the worse right now).

NRIs who return "successfully" might make it as the Ambanis have done by
collaborating with the system; or they might make it by resisting the system.

As for the "cleaning of the dirt", that will only be possible through the
foundational work that is being done, for example, on IPI (mainly by NRIs or
with NRI support).

prabhu guptara