Re: Alagh committee

Sanjeev's observation make sense. In addition I feel age bar should be
abolished. If the goal is to provide good public service allow everybody
at every stage to enter trhe service provided they are THE BEST to do
so. And their should be a minimum age and other requirements bar, like
Sanjeev pointed out -
   1.  min. 3 yrs. experience in administrative posts,
   2.  proven track record of integrity and all other humanitirian
qualities
   3.  min. age of 25 yrs.
etc.

regards.

>>> sanjeev@sabhlokcity.com 07/31/00 09:32PM >>>
At 09:24 PM 7/29/00 -0700, prasad wrote:

>Dear members,
>        In one of his books, druckers argues that business management
and
>public administration are the same. I believe that many of agree
>with that. Also, the best business schools all over the world place a
>special emphasis on the professional profile of candidates for
admission,
>like prior managerial positions, initiatives in a product development
and so
>on. How do you think a similar yard stick could be applied effectively
in
>the recruitment of our administrators ?
>
>thanks,
>Prasad.

I'd go the whole hog with this suggestion. Min. 3 years in a major
private
sector company in a managerial capacity before applying for the IAS.

I agree to Prof. Asher's suggestions too. If somebody can compile
these
things, we can write to Prof Alagh. SS

This is the National Debate on System Reform.
debate@indiapolicy.org
Rules, Procedures, Archives:
http://www.indiapolicy.org/debate/