Re: corruption - the reason and a simple solution

Charu datt wrote:

> Vamsi Musunuru wrote:
>
>  > Simply put: I trust a corporation more in a free/competitive market  >
> because its
>  > power is clearly checked rather than a monopolistic Government  >  >
> whose power
>  > remains unchecked.
>
> i trust neither, as both are frequently unchecked, sometimes the
> power being exchanged in a collusion between the two.

Very good.  My trust, in the above, was a relative term.  I made no
reference to
an absolute quantity!!

> in theory an elected government's power is checked by voters in theory a
> corporation's power is checked by competition

What are these theories and can I know more about them?

> both theories break down very frequently in practice. blindly following one
> or the other, or even allowing both to have unaccountable and  powers is the
> problem.

What theories break down?  What if I propose the following postulate: A well
balanced system can and will serve the interests of its constituents.

Even more, what if I propose the following theorem: A system with inadequate
checks and balances will foster abuse of power and such a system will serve
institutional interest more than consumer interest.

--
Sincerely,
Vamsi M.