RE: Greek aoth.

Sanjeev,

I have been going thru’ the debates raging at IPI. Good to know that
there are lots of thinkers amongst us. But thinking & debating without
doing anything is of no use. I feel that it would do us good if the
debates at IPI focus on the most important issues affecting us now.
These (there could be lots more) to my mind are:

Political corruption leading to  bureaucratic corruption
 moral decay   bad  governance  anarchy & chaos

(Read my article “Political Corruption – The Enemy within us” e-mailed
to IPI yesterday, which has some suggestions about what WE CAN DO.)

Our huge bureaucratic army  Bankruptcy of state governments
 failure to provide essential services to the citizens 
anarchy & chaos

At the root of all these are the economic issues – not issues of caste,
creed, reservations et al.

Lucky we now have a government headed by a patriot (pity that there is
lot of infighting between him and the Sangh Parivar’s men – notably our
home minister).

The PM appears to have realized that the economic issues and the path we
take are of paramount importance.

Mr Vajpayee has constituted an economic advisory council. This is no
doubt composed of eminent economists, but by their very nature, they are
apt to live in ivory castles. I’m sorry to have to say that our
economists are mostly wise after the event. By the very nature of
government, the PM is surrounded by men & women who tell him only what
he would like to hear.

The question is: how do we make him hear what we have to say? Any ideas?

Regards.

Indrajit Barua.