My piece of mind.

     I agree with Mr.umesh and Dr.Sabhlok that there is no room for
complacency, and that there is a real danger of our country degenerating
in
to a fourth rate country. True, what will be strikingly visible to us is

only the silver lining against the back drop of dark clouds, which is
what
today's India is. But I am confused to use the mildest term, as how we
should go about overhauling the society, which is divided in to
categories
unknown to the world. Even the Indian associations in US are divided
along
regional lines, and they themselves are divided along caste lines. When
the
so called educated ( read literate ) itself refuses to change, what to
talk
of the illeterate for whom caste and religion is the main appeal.
     It is common the kids in schools abuse other kids by the name of
their
respective religions. When the so called guardians of the society are
brought up that way, where is the optimism of a rejuvenated Indian
society.
When indifference is the hallmark of an Indian, what amount of suffering

will awake him from his slumber. Couple of weeks back, Dr. Roy pointing
the site indiamaps.com, remarked that we at IPI reduced ourselves to
another
cyber forum, without direction. True. But we all have good intentions.
But
we are trying negotiate through such a complex maze of ills that the
marking
the destination itself is complex.
     When I recommended a fellow Indian graduate student at my
University to
visit the IPI site, his mind-numbing answer, rather question, is why I
waste
so much time on that. Such is the psyche of an average Indian.