RE: Notes

Sanjeev,

The most powerful organ of government today is the bureaucracy. What we
have here is a very strong bureaucratic executive and a weak, effette
political executive. The making of policy has got divorced from its
implementation. The political executive engages itself in housekeeping
jobs like appointments, transfers & promotions.

No wonder that the pace of economic liberalisation is so slow.

Indrajit Barua.