Re: Pericles of Athens

Dear Dr Roy.

This thread ..on Athens... where does it lead to?

> "Here each individual is interested not only in his own affairs but in
the affairs of the State as >well; even those who are mostly occupied
with their own business are extremely well-informed on >general politics
-- this is a peculiarity of ours: we do not say that a man who has no
interest in >politics is a man who minds hos own business; we say that
he has no business here at all."

Sounds as if you are talking of the people of Kerala. Look at the state
of Kerala now!