Re: the fundamental law revisited

...any wonder "People get the Leaders they deserve."?! After everything
has been said and done there's actually no alternative to the education
of
the larger masses towards reforming the society.  And here we would do
well to delineate exactly what the 'educational course' will be about,
specifically; because the rhetoric around Primary Education, Adult
Education and generally 'Education' in the context of our national
welfare
has seemed to labour little on the actual Content envisaged.  And I
think
the reason is not far to seek; it stems from making Literacy synonymous
with Education.  Where this is the case we will simply end up producing
literate nincompoops capable of de-serving and de-manding the very same
kind of Leaders as happening today.  Isn't it important that we discuss
what exactly should be the Content of the educational programme that we
all hope will deliver the nation?

Padmanabha Rao