Nukes/Democracy of the Few

Let us not be ridiculous.  Let us perpetuate the egotistic power-mania
of
the evil empires.  Let us get evil oursselves.  I do not write this for
India alone, I write this for all countries.  Which humanist would
really
espouse the use of nuclear weapons ?  It is true that America retains
its
nukes to brandish its power over the rest of the world.  But what is
America, a mere blip in the span of human history.  I realize that
America
has the potential to create maniacal generals who would not hesitate to
use
the bomb, but that does not mean that the rest of the world needs to
follow
suit.  I have greater faith in humanity............. And then about the
worlds largest democracy.  Fiddle-fucking-sticks.  Sometimes, my dear
friends, words can act as black holes.  They occupy but a few inches of
typespace, but the weight of their meanings gives those black dots an
immense density.....they suck everything in....not even thought can
escape.
Let us take the word "democracy"....I dont think there is a living
creature
who can face that word squarely in the eye and ssy "I know what you
mean"...and mean what they say......it has become like a God, nobody
knows
what it means, but they chant its name. India would easily qualify as
one of
the nations wher un-democracy is rife.....casting (or forced to cast) a
vote
in the ballot is not democracy.  So I would find it impossible to agree
that
the nuclear weapon for India is a "democratic" choice.  If a "true"
democratic choice were to be made in India I would imagine it would be
something like food or shelter or clean roads. ...  Of course I do have
democratic brain myself....I let a million schools of thoughts bloom in
my
brain, and  I let a thousand dreams fester...so lets go the other way.
Hey
build the nuclear bomb - only dont be a hypocrite and call it a
democratic
choice.  You could call it a democracy of the few....may be an oxymoron,
but
it is kind of catchy.  India the largestt Democracy of the Few has
decided
to build a bomb.  And as long as I have been lucky enough to be one of
the
chosen few, I will paint a toothbrush moush and goosetep behind the
destructive lingam.....I believe in Shiva the destroyer of
worlds......just
as long as I dont have to starve even for a day.  Funny how reality can
bite
and passionate beliefs can change.  Lets get real and see whom it
bites.....we have created more dispossesed souls in the last 70 years
than
the last few millenia put together.  So maybe we should put those tired
old
nuclear debates to rest and think about the thousands being born every
hour.
  The "global" role of India right now would be to reduce its population
a fifth of what it is right now.....