Re: Sad Story

--- Retu Singla <retusingla@hotmail.com> wrote:

> the quota or reservation system was instituted by
> the governemnt to
> remedy
> past discrimination.  those of lower castes have to
> overcome many more
> hurdles and difficulties than those in priveleged
> social positions (even
> if
> not measured in wealth, ie. poor upper caste
> people)therefore, we as a
> society, have a responsibility to help remedy what

  So, there are rewards for wading thru  heaps of
msgs airing personal grudges and frustrations, in
a forum which is supposed to be mature enuf to
discuss national policy issues. Thank you writer!
  If anyone thinks that caste is not a barrier to
a better/decent life for millions of people in
'modern India', I suggest P.Sainath's articles in
Hindu or his book 'Everyone Loves a Good Drought'.

Tejus