Re: The real issue

At 06:27 PM 11/7/99 -0800, Vikram Vasu wrote:

>the biggest
>dangers are skepticism and pessimism . It has become fashionable to =
>criticise the country and anti-establishment seems to be the order of =

>the day . While constructive criticism is helpful , if not essential ,
=
>meaningless India-bashing on trivial issues will not take us anywhere .

>There are  many things that are still very sane about this country .
>    I have noticed that India has been compared to " Developed "
nations
>like U.S.A  on this forum . This , I think , is unfair . ..Let us not
lose
faith in our country .

* Factual analysis and solution finding is the task here. Kindly help
out
in that task. If you are very satisfied with the state of affairs, IPI
is
not your kind of forum. Kindly open a "Mera Bharat Mahaan" forum and go
about singing praise for India. Vamsi might even give you free web
hosting
for that kind of forum.

* We had BETTER compare ourselves with "developed" countries. The goal
here, as Sauvik Chakravorti stated so well over phone the other day to
me,
is to have ***400 Singapores in India***. We can have it, and we shall
have
it. Those who wish to compare India with Bangladesh or Somalia of
Pakistan
and feed proud of themselves are welcome to leave IPI at once. A vast
ocean
of complacency is out there. The perspective here is very highly
demanding.
We are not happy with what is. We KNOW what India can be with the right
policies.

* I believe that those who thnik India is "OK" are the worst enemies of
India. Chalta Hai is not the motto here. It is unacceptable. I have more

faith in India than a million "chalta hai" wallas. I have seen this
disease
of 'feeling satisfied' too long to be willing to tolerate it. Let us not

tolerate shoddiness. By repeating our stupidities and somehow propping
up
outdated methods and corrupt 'systems' for a million years we will not
become 'developed' one fine day. We will realize a worse plight than
ever
before. We need to find the  correct path and move fully to that path.

Join in this task here of moving ourselves to the right path.