Apologists for China now??

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
>Of course, I do not suggest a Communist revolution! As I mentioned in the
>the people, by a leadership that truly wanted a rise in the standard of
>living of the population.'

Excuse me?   Perhaps Mr. Parr would care to comment on the estimated number
of dead during the Great Leap Forward and the Cultural Revolution.

Is IPI now going to see a long debate on Chinese political and economic
history since, let us say, SunyatSen or perhaps Chiang Kai Shek or the Long
March?   Surely there must be dozens of Chinese websites where the Chinese
Gulag etc have been and continue to be discussed.   Perhaps Mr. Parr may
like to forward his views to Wei Jing Sheng or others who have been there.

I think what Disraeli said of Gladstone might be re-applied here: if one is
not a Maoist at twenty one may be suspected of not having a heart; if one is
still a Maoist at forty, one may be suspected of not having a head.

Subroto Roy.