Barun's writeup

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 12:16:06 +0500
From: Liberty Institute <liberty@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in>
To: bmitra@bigfoot.com
Subject: F. A. Hayek's Centenary

Dear friend of liberty:

We marked the Friedrich A. von Hayek's Centenary of Birth (1899-1999) in
India. THE ECONOMIC TIMES, the leading financial daily here, carried an
op-ed by me titled "The Legacy of Hayek" on May 8. In it I stressed the
continued relevance of Hayek's idea, and concluded that the next century
may belong to him. It is available at the following web address.
<www.economictimes.com/080599/08opin04.htm>

The paper also carried an editorial on Hayek, titled "Philosopher of
Freedom". It is available at
<www.economictimes.com/080599/08opin02.htm>

Liberty Institute has created a special web page to mark the centenary. It
is located at
<www.angelfire.com/mi/libertyinstitute/hayek.html>
The op-ed and the editorial are linked to this page.

Your comment and criticism are most welcome. Our web site has been
redesigned, please do visit.

Regards,

Barun Mitra