RE: Flyer

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
I don't think there is any likelihood that we will get agreement
regarding the
historical evolution of corruption in India (I at least totally disagree
with
the line taken here, as I have repeatedly made clear: READ the BOOK:
Vishal
Mangalwadi, India: The Grand Experiment (Good Books, Ivy Cottage,
Landour,
Mussoorie, UP 248179, India; Tel: 0135-630997 or 630891 0r 631797;
e-mail:
ruth@giasdl01.vsnl.net.in

In any case, for the flyer, nothing is gained by having a controversial
analysis
such as is contained below.

I propose you drop the explanation.

Retain the moving description of the problem at the start.

Retain the end bit exhorting people to take a stand against corruption.

Add a section relating the everyday effect of corruption to corruption
in the
electoral process and our proposals for creating transparency and
honesty in
politics (at least in the electoral and governance processes) as well as
in the
police, education, etc.

That will be much stronger.

Professor Prabhu Guptara
Director, Executive and Organisational Development
Wolfsberg Executive Development Centre
(a subsidiary of UBS AG)
CH-8272 Ermatingen
Switzerland