Response to draft education policy

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
Many of you will recall that some months ago, we resolved to write up
draft policy statements on specific topics. As a start, we wrote one up on
Education based on debates amongst IPI members at that time. This
statement, you may also recall, was aired on India Together. One of IT's
readers, Mr.Jitendra Shah, has some thoughts on the draft statement, these
are included at the end of this note.

[Mr.Shah, I am cc'ing you in this note to the organization whose members
participated in the discussion that led to this draft. It is my belief
that those who debated the matter are not blind to realities; instead it
is their disgust with those same realities that has set them (us, I should
say) on this path. I am certain that members of IPI will be glad to
suitably amend the draft statement when your objections have been
discussed. I encourage you to visit the website of the IndiaPolicy
Institute (http://www.indiapolicy.org) and participate in the discussion
to make this possible.]

For those of us at IPI who have been party to the creation of this
document, this is an opportunity to address how we might react to
post-publication criticism of our ideas.

Kind regards, everyone, Mr.Shah's comments follow.

Cheers,

Ash