short manifesto

[Topics under debate]: Free Citizen, Long Term Vision, Preamble
extracts from pers mail:

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, N. Arvind Kumar wrote:

> this is reg bhuwan's idea of a shorter manifesto
> for a wider reach. next time anyone asks about it,
> please point them to BDP saying BDP will by and
> large adopt IP's manifesto.

Sure. Bhuwan and others: pl. talk to BDP. Great idea. Go for it! Let IPI
focus on improving the 'mother document.'

>  As for IP itself, I
> feel our manifesto is not balanced. Some topics get
> lot of coverage while others have just a passing
> comment.

I agree. Unless we have comments from 10,000 people, this would not
represent 'best' policy. That is why at least 1 more year is needed to
provide a minimum balance and 'fairness,' etc. In the meanwhile, pl.
suggest your ideas for a more balanced coverage. And remember: your
hands are OK. You must do research, and cite solid facts whe you want
"UCC," etc. That was why you got upset last time. Bring in all the
facts.