Re: World's Policeman....

[Topics under debate]: Free Citizen, Long Term Vision, Preamble
Sanjeev wrote:

> Dear Ram: pl read details at:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/wl/story.html?s=v/nm/19990326/wl/yugosl
avia_un_vote_1.html

> U.N. Council Rejects Russia Bid To Halt NATO Raids
>
> UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council Friday rejected a
> Russian resolution demanding an immediate halt to NATO attacks on
> Yugoslavia and the resumption of negotiations over Kosovo.
>
> The vote in the 15-nation council was only three in favor of the draft,
> with 12 against and no abstentions. Since it failed to win the minimum
> nine votes needed for adoption, the United States, Britain and France,
> who are members of NATO, did not have to exercise their vetoes as
> permanent members of the Security Council.
>
> Voting for the resolution were Russia, China and Namibia. The Russian
> resolution, co-sponsored by non-council members Belarus and India,
>     =====================================================
> called the use of force by NATO without the Security Council's
> authorization a ``flagrant violation of the U.N. Charter.''

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/ts/story.html?s=v/nm/19990326/ts/yugosl
avia_14.html

What Sanjeev has quoted above exactly substantiates my point:

THERE IS NO SECURITY COUNCIL RESOLUTION FAVORING MILITARY ACTION IN
YUGOSLAVIA.

The U S and NATO have committed naked aggression against a sovereign member
of the United Nations. After the aggression was committed, two permanent
members of the Security Council tried to stop the aggression and they
failed. That's all!

Every country in the world that dares to differ with UNCLE SAM  BEWARE! YOU
MAY BE NEXT IN LINE! (I am, of course, excluding China  from this list for
obvious reasons).

The fact remains that the U S has effectively replaced the British
imperialists of the 19th and early part of the 20th century!

Ram Narayanan