Re: World's Policeman....

[Topics under debate]: Free Citizen, Long Term Vision, Preamble
Dear Ram: pl read details at:

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/wl/story.html?s=v/nm/19990326/wl/yugoslavia_un_vote_1.html

U.N. Council Rejects Russia Bid To Halt NATO Raids

UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - The U.N. Security Council Friday rejected a
Russian resolution demanding an immediate halt to NATO attacks on
Yugoslavia and the resumption of negotiations over Kosovo.

The vote in the 15-nation council was only three in favor of the draft,
with 12 against and no abstentions. Since it failed to win the minimum
nine votes needed for adoption, the United States, Britain and France,
who are members of NATO, did not have to exercise their vetoes as
permanent members of the Security Council.

Voting for the resolution were Russia, China and Namibia. The Russian
resolution, co-sponsored by non-council members Belarus and India,
called the use of force by NATO without the Security Council's
authorization a ``flagrant violation of the U.N. Charter.''

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/headlines/ts/story.html?s=v/nm/19990326/ts/yugoslavia_14.html