World's Policeman....

[Topics under debate]: Free Citizen, Long Term Vision, Preamble
    Recently Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee said that "no country
can act as a global policeman...."  I couldn't agree with him more.  But
then again....do we really have a choice....that is, does India have a
choice than to follow a leader as it has done so many times in the
past.  We have become so good at following.  So, why not enjoy the ride
the rest of the way.  We are a nation full of followers and we are quiet
happy this way.

India - we will tell others that they can't be the world's policeman
because:

  1. we have, primarily, an agricultural Economy.
  2. we have Laloo Prasad Yadav.
  3. we did not invent the Diode or even the first computer.
  4. the total number of Internet users in India is less than the number

     of computers discarded each month in USA.
  5. we have two explosions in 1998 and dance in the streets.  Of
     course, it didn't matter that we were sleeping since 1947!
  6. we did not and could not put a man on the Moon.
  7. we have the lousiest Telecom infrastructure in the world and an
     oppressive Monopoly called Department of Telecom. (DoT) to manage
     it.
  8. we did not have a good national defense/security system.
  9. we pray to at least 1000 different stone gods.
 10. we expect our Government to do everything for us.  Why do anything
     for ourselves when the Government can do everything for us??  In
     fact, we believe that Government intervention is the solution to
     all our problems.  For example, take the license raj, FIPB,
     Administered Price Mechanism, a circus act called Balance of
     Payments, and much more.
 11. we can export all sorts of labor to the world while oppress the
     same talent from expression domestically.
 12. and don't forget....we can even eat and poop all by ourselves.

    Why on Earth should anyone else be the World's Policeman when we can
do all these things by ourselves.

--
Sincerely,
Vamsi M.