Re: rules

Sanjeev

You seem to be mixing issues here. I may be wron though.

Discontent with the state of administration and seeking redressal for it

is one thing. I agree successive governments have alienated the NE
states and have played politics in which the individual has been
compromised his sovereignity comprimised.

A question I would like to ask however is how come things were allowed
to come to such a pass that the NE tribes lost hope of a democratic
redressal of their greivances and resorted to violence. What went wrong
- Was it an apathetic political system which did not care about their
needs or the absence of open debate on secession.

Correct me if I am wrong, I have all along thought that the issue of
secession in NE started much later on account of continued misgovernance

and not on account of joining the Indian Republic in 1947.

regards
shashi