Re: seccession

Sorry Sanjeev, but I cannot buy into this "one world" globaloney. The
future of Bharat is not negotiable, precisely because our Bharatbhoomi
is sacred. That's right. The land itself has an identity just as an
individual would. It is burnt into our consciousness, our collective
psyche. It is a whole, not merely the sum of its parts.

This is why I am steadfastly opposed to such a proposal.

Regarding the role of the army, it is involved only in those areas,
which are experiencing violent, terrorist inspired insurgencies.
It's role is no different than what you propose in the draft. It is
already doing its job, no more, no less.

The case of USA and Vietnam is not at all comparable to that of
say Bharat & Kashmir. The United States was a foreign power involved
in another country's civil war. Whereas Kashmir & the Northeast
are part and parcel of Bharat and always will be.

The focus on Kashmir should be on restoring law and order and return of
Pandit refugee families (currently living in tent cities outside Delhi)
to the Valley, and in the North East, it
should be on interdiction of the drug trade and economic development.

Sorry, but such muddle headed proposals as 2/3 referendums don't
lead anywhere.

Regards, Indranil.