Re: secession

I'm strongly in favor of discussing the issue of secession, especially
for
India.  I'm amazed that some think discussion of the issue amounts to
treason!  Then let's have more of it!!

Sanjeev's first statement seems like a very good starting point for such
discussion.  Canada has adopted a formal process thru which provinces
can
secede. Mr. Shekhar suggests that no country has peacefully divided
itself.
Well, the example of Czechoslovakia comes immediately to mind. And both
new
countries are doing quite well.  Actually there is a great lesson to be
learned from the Czeck and Slovak experience, especially when we
contrast it
with Yugoslavia.

parth-