Re: economic history of india

>Has an attempt been made to provide a liberal examination of the
>economic history of India?

In which period?   You might see my Pricing, planning and politics: a
study
of economic distortions in India (IEA 1984), and my dco-edited volume
with
James, Foundations of India's Political Economy: Towards an Agenda for
the
1990s (University of Hawaii 1989, Sage 1992), where Milton Friedman's
unpublished 1955 memo to the GOI was published (that is also on this
website).

Subroto Roy.