re: IIT

ref:

From: "Dr. Subroto Roy" <sroy@vgsom.iitkgp.ernet.in>
    Date: Sun, 28 Feb 1999 07:13:35 +0530

My thinking has been to approach the Dean of Continuing Education (i.e.
academic extension on the American pattern) here, and through him his
counterparts at the other IIT's, and thence, other institutions.

Subroto Roy.

The IIT Dean can be asked if he/she will sponsor specific research
projects if IPI requests for these. I have no doubt that the web upkeep
is well under control for the present needs.

I have in mind projects such as the Vote Smart database at

        http://www.vote-smart.org/

and things like State-wide corruption indices, etc. These projects can
easily cost lakhs of rupees, and will require full time personnel. If
anything we Indians need constant education on the deeds and misdeeds of

our elected reps. No one has been researching these things to the best
of my knowledge.

Also, all sponsors of projects will become part of the management team
and will receive instantaneous updates on the progress of the project.