Re: strong economy, first - reply to Girish

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    Don't feel bad.......you are learning, aren't you?  So there, there
now......it will be ok.

    About demonizing the GoI, let me add a couple of comments: we have
been
too nice to an institution that has been serving itself.  I also realize
that
the fault is with us for looking to the Government to do everything for
us.
The Government has the following responsibilities:

- To provide for a strong Military Defense!!  On this issue alone we
should be
utterly ashamed of GoI.  Instead of encouraging rapid expansion of
1st-tier
technologies that would have benefited Indian Defense sector, the GoI
was too
busy filling its pockets.  Today, kill ratios of 1:1000 are achieved by
modern
armies.  Thanks to the GoI, the Indian Armed Forces have to settle for
something less.  I will say more under a different posting titled
"Modern
Warfare and kill ratios...."  We are "comfortable" with "crying" when
some of
our brave people die at the border rather than seek long-term solutions
to the
problems faced by our Armed Forces.  Surely, we care about the brave men
at
the border but what justice is served for their sacrifice when we don't
make
sure that our Armed Forces are well equipped with the best technology by

creating a vibrant Economy and a strong Nation?

- To provide the framework for efficient use of capital/resources within
the
Economy so as to maintain a high rate of growth and prosperity!

    The Government has no other role!!  When an institution has served
itself
at the expense of its people, it is no less than a Demon!  It is
unpatriotic
of us to even be sarcastic about this matter.  The greatest threat to
us,
Indians, is the rise of institutional power over individual freedoms and
we
are yet to pay the full price of it!

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.