Re: obedient droneship vs. true patriotism....

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    My message is embedded below.

Rajeev Manikoth wrote:

> -Vamsi ... << That is, why is it that a Microsoft, Netscape, SUN, etc.
> would exist in US rather than in India where we have greater talent!!?
>
> A more appropriate question to ask is: whether Indian Entrepreneurs can
> establish industry dominance, globally, working under the current
> oppressive Government? >>
>
> We must understand that the GOI is nothing but another set of people
> that we have in some form installed at the State & Central levels. But
> more critically we have also nurtured corruption as a set of everyday
> norms. There is no "them" & "us". Unless we can at every level stand up
> and fight and refuse payment of "spoils" I see no change happening.
>
> The easiest thing to do is complain, but the very next time pay a
> couple of hundred to get your personal favour done, a telephone
> connection revival perhaps.
>
> Let's not forget Vamsi, that the facilities you enjoy currently in the
> US is the result of what people have fought for.

    Wonderful.

> People who have decided to stick on and fight it out here in India have
> done well. INFOSYS is a good example of a local company. There are
> others too.

    I am excited.

> We can't run away to escape a bad system that we created in the first
> place, and then cry foul from safe shores. The fight is here. Join it
> here.

    This is a mighty quick draw but a lousy shot.  A mistake like that would
fetch you a hole in your forehead in the wild, wild west.  What do I know
about the fight?  Well, this brings me to my current project: the Telecom
Deregulation Petition.  I have been involved in collecting signatures for the
petition and spreading the word about it.  So far, we have collected about
5,000 signatures.  The fight is not only "here" it is harder than writing a
(quick draw but lousy shot)  message.  Could you please tell the forum what
you have been doing my friend?  Just curious.

--
Sincerely,
Vamsi M.