a great idea

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:04:52 -0400
From: Ram Narayanan <loraln@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: India - U S Relations

Economic developments in recent years have brought the world's two
largest democracies much closer.  This is an opportune moment for people
of Indian origin resident in the United States to strengthen this
relationship even further. At India Together, the non-profit information
and awareness campaign on the internet, you can play your part in doing
so. Here's how:

Lobby for India is devoted to promoting India's interests in the United
States.  The present content suggests action to brief your Congressman
and Senators on the Pakistani infiltration into Kargil (India).  In the
near future, the site will include the voting track records of your
Senators and Congressmen on issues relating to India, new legislation or
other matters relevant to India coming up in Congress which may require
action from your end, and news of interest on India-U.S. relations.

Stay tuned to all the Congressional action related to India, and help
take your concerns for India to the legislative houses of America. Lobby
for India is on the internet at
http://www.indiatogether.org/petitions/lobby.htm

After you have an opportunity to check out the site and bookmark it, if
you have any suggestions, please feel free to e-mail me. Please forward
this message to your friends of Indian origin living in the United
States so that we can build on our shared foundations in democracy,
toward better India-US relations in the years ahead.

Best wishes!

Ram Narayanan