Re: Reply tp Vamsi M., and G. Kurien

[Topics under debate]: GOOD GOVERNANCE
    Yes sir, General Roy, sir!  We will do it but before that happens some
more rambling:

    What the Indian Military needs to do is to improve the warfare technology
and of course of the war machine itself.  We need to improve airborne
survaillance machinery and carrier and land based missle systems.  First and
foremost the Indian Armed Forces must make a transition from a conventional
army to that of modern Army.  This means a greater use of information and
tactics rather than assembling a reactionary force.

    Of course, for all this to happen the Indian Economy should be in a
position to support advanced 1st-tier technologies such as Semiconductors,
etc.  We are back to our original problem: we know who thwarted the
development of this sector.  You got it: the GoI.  In my previous email I
mentioned how the US rallied its domestic industry and encouraged it to
compete fiercely so that it can dominate in the coming decades.  The result
is: Intel, Texas Instruments, National Semiconductor, Motorola, on and on.

    Kargil will certainly be solved - it has to be for India's sake.  However,
it is a tragic example of how the GoI first thwarted the development of the
Economy which could have given the technology needed to build powerful weapons
which in turn could have limited the loss of life in Kargil or even dettered
Pakistan from doing it again.

    It seems that we have the same small minds that our bureaucrats have in
our country.

Sincerely,
Vamsi M.